Monday, April 28, 2014

10 Things I Miss About Male'





Its been almost five months since I moved to Canberra and surprisingly I miss Male' or at least somethings about it.
So, here is a list of 10 things I miss about Male'. Its written in no specific order and I pretty much miss all of them equally.

 - Beach, Sea, Ocean
For over 4 months since I moved here I didn't see a beach, the sea or the ocean. I miss the feeling of salty air on the face when going on Boduthakurufaanu Magu. I love the smell of sea salt near Raalhugandu. I miss the sand between my toes and the sea around me.

(lazy day at viligli beach after work)

 - Sea House
Before I moved here Sea House was one of the places I spent the most time at. Since last Ramazan I have gone to the place at least 5 times a week. I miss the random late night coffees and ridiculously expensive dinners. I miss the countless breakfast here and using cutlery to eat roshi just because I can. I miss the friendly servers specially Hussain and Thaman who were amazing and really sweet. I miss drenching in rain and taking cover in Sea House with a cup of coffee. I miss spending hours and hours over coffee talking about random stuff. I miss because this is where I spent a lot of good and bad times and it holds so many memories.

(view from Sea House Cafe')

- Neru Baththi
Neru Baththi holds a lot of memories, I have taken most of the people I dated here. It feels like a refuge away from the sights and sounds of Male'. I have fallen in and out of love here and therefore is a very special place for me. I miss the waves crashing by the side and the sea salt sprayed on the face. I miss the faces on the ferries which comes and goes and the waterfront of Male' which is always lit up.

(a family at the Neru Baththi on a cloudy day)

 - The over crowded streets
I like crowded places. Crowded but still with enough space to move and breath. Not stuffed crowded. I miss walking like a bullet missing and dodging people. I miss all the different faces I see every day. I miss the sights and sounds. I miss the constant buzz of motorcycles and the annoying beeps. I miss the constant flow of people in and out of the shops.

(outside Iyyas place)

 - Random bike rides
I loved bike rides and the fact I didn't drive did not stop me from this. I miss going round and round Male'. I miss the sights of dozens of others doing the same. Driving pointlessly with no specific target in mind. I miss the wind of the face and that relieving feeling. I miss all the conversations which happen on the bikes and I also miss the calmness of the silence which happen at times. I miss listening to loud music and speeding for the thrill of it. I miss it all.

(sunset one random day)

 - Dine-more submarine / Kaage Ladaa Beef
I love Beef Submarine with extra cheese and chilli from Dine-more. I love it. I was introduced to Kaage Ladaa Beef later and I immediately fell in love with it too. These two were my favourite junk and the reason I ate.
(surprisingly I didnt have a picture of either on instagram!)

 - Coffees and lunch dates
I miss all the random coffees at Sea House, Jazz, Shell Beans, Sea Gull, Olive Garden, Symphony, Marry Brown and countless other place. I miss the bad coffee. I miss the random conversations. I miss the creepy guy who stares. I miss the cute one sitting at the next table. I miss just sitting cause there is nothing better day. I miss having just a cup of coffee cause thats all you can afford. I miss the lunch dates on working date. I miss trying to act classy, and I miss dressing up classy, and I miss ordering healthy food just because.

(breakfast at Jade)
(coffee at Kings Corner)

 - Weather
When I moved here the sun was up for over 16 hours everyday with temperatures upto 40 degrees and now the sun is not up for 11 hours and the temperature goes as low as 2 degrees. I miss the constant weather in Male', sunny or gloomy its 30 degrees everyday. I miss the rainy days when we would go on random walks. I miss the sunny days and the ice creams.

(view of Male' from above)

 - Tea time and Hedika
Husnooge bajiyaa and Saatanugey gulha, oh, how I miss them. I miss hedika with black tea so bad. I miss tea time at Lemongrass Seaview and tea times at random Carnival and Harbour tea shops. I miss the spicy little tid bits. I miss the spices and the oily food.

(tea and hedika at Lemongrass Seaview)

 - Viligili and Hulhumale'
I miss going to these two places. I miss barbies at Hulhumale. I miss random drives around Hulhumale' and I miss walking pointlessly hand in hand with someone loved. I miss taking a dip in the ocean in the middle of the night. I miss the calmness of the place. I miss the vastness of the place. I miss random trips to Viligili. I miss having tea at random shops. I miss break fast at neru baththi. I miss catching the ferry at 6 in the morning and spending the rest of the day in the sea. I miss the dozens of late night coffees here just because. I miss it all.



(Hulhumale' from above, with boats and safaris scattered below)
(Viligili beach from the cafe')

The only reason why I miss all this is because of the memories and its you all, my friends who were with me in making these memories. (I have avoided friends and family as it will be in another post)

Thank you all and have a good day. And comment below if there are other things you miss.


(Hoodh and I practicing flying in Hulhumale' - photo: Rish)
Share This

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hahaha that would come at the very top of the list :P

      Delete
  2. so it's just beaches, sea and food eh. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is why you should read the entire thing :P
      "The only reason why I miss all this is because of the memories and its you all, my friends who were with me in making these memories. (I have avoided friends and family as it will be in another post)" ;)

      Delete

Contact

Have a question, or wanna confess your love, just press the button below, I would definitely get back to you.



Designed By Seo Blogger Templates