Sunday, April 27, 2014

Review : The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Truly Amazing





This is my first time writing a review about anything, so apologies. (lots of spoilers!!)

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 was one the best movies I have seen in a long time. The movie pushed buttons I did know existed and made me laugh, giggle, gasp, awe and cry over and again during the 140 or so minutes.

(photo credits here)

Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone are a match made in heaven, my absolute favourite thing about the movie was their chemistry. Every time they both shared screen time a chill goes down the spine and you could feel their everlasting love inside you. It was the good kinda love, the one which we all dream about.

(photo credits here)

The cinematography and the special effects in ASM2 was mind blowing through out the movie. The movie starts with Spider Man chasing the bad guys and you are immediately left on the edge holding on to your chair.

The biggest reason why I do not like most movies is their flow, but the ASM2 had a perfect flow. Not too fast and not too slow, the story, though it had a lot of content I did not feel was rushed but presented really well. There was action throughout the movie and not just the last 15 minutes and romance everywhere. I felt some scenes like the almost plane crash during the power outage could have been skipped, the movie was already almost 2 and a half hours long a few less drama would not hurt.

(photo credits here)

The sound track was intriguing but not always interesting. I felt it was too bass-y (is that even a word) sometimes. Nonetheless I loved that the song Gone, Gone, Gone by Philip Phillips was in the movie.

The humour in the movie was perfect, not too much to annoy and not too less to bore. The scene where Gwen is going for an interview and Peter talks British with the receptionist had the entire audience laughing. I loved the placement of small jokes and humour throughout.

Stan Lee makes a cameo in the movie too, like every other great Marvel movies. Stan Lee, you rock!

(photo credits here)

Amongst good scenes, Peter crossing the road in slow mo walk with the traffic going on was so romantic. It was one of the most beautiful scenes in the movie, a magical scene which any hopeless romantic would want to be in.

The scene between Peter and Aunt May was another beautiful scenes in the movie. The acting in the scene was phenomenal and I was almost at tears, I felt the scene brought out a lot about their characters.

Gwens graduation speech although a little cliche is Facebook status material. It was a message of hope and seizing the moment. The movie begins with it and ends with it, giving Peter the courage to be Spider Man once more.

I loved the final scene. The kid standing up to the Rhino was very inspiring, it showed no matter how big or small, how strong or weak anyone can stand against wrong, anyone can make a difference.

(photo credits here)

My biggest surprise was Gwen's death. I was not expecting Gwen to die. My breath stopped for a good 20 seconds from the 'thump' as Gwen hit the floor after the fall. I was so badly hoping she would open her eyes and say something. I don't think I can take Emma Stone dying in any more movies ever, she's too good to die, even in a movie.

After watching the movie I felt that the trailer for the movie was a little deceptive (good marketing maybe). The scene with Rhino was one of the bad guys to appear in it but barely has any screen time on the movie. The same with Green Goblin, the trailer gave the false hope of a greater role by him only to fail to do so. And either I passed out for a second or I am having amnesia but I do not remember a scene where Harry tells Peter that he is being followed, which was shown in the trailer.

After watching this I want to watch Marc Webb direct another romantic like (500) Days of Summer, his delivery of passion is far stronger than that of action.

Marvel presents yet another great movie. I will definitely recommend this movie.

My rating - 9/10

(photo credits here)

Share This

2 comments:

  1. ahh, I can't wait to watch this. Em&Andrew so cute.

    ReplyDelete

Contact

Have a question, or wanna confess your love, just press the button below, I would definitely get back to you.



Designed By Seo Blogger Templates